Which tool would allow me to test and debug my HTML and CSS online across multiple browsers?

I have been searching for some tools that would help me with testing and debuging my html and css online across multiple browsers, can anyone refer me some.

Great question!

Most of the developers often skip out on testing their web development thoroughly and it is not surprising considering the effort required in testing a web-application. However, testing is highly tool dependent process and with the right tool you can test and develop effortlessly!

Since you are using the term multiple browsers I believe you want to perform cross browser testing. At LambdaTest, you can perform live-interactive testing on cloud across 2000+ browsers and their assorted versions running on real OS. You can also perform debugging with the inbuilt developer tools provided for Virtual Machines deployed according to user requirements.

The best part is you won’t have to a pay a penny! All you have to do is a free sign-up!

HTML Issues in Browsers

If you are willing to figure out the HTML issues, then the first and foremost thing to do is to check for the DOCTYPE. Have you used it?

And once you verify this, you need to make sure that you’re not using any of the third party code. Many times when you use a third party code, you might find that the HTML generated by the third party app may be using class ID or Name that you’re using for a different purpose in your code. Hence that might a big problem and becomes hard to debug as it will not show any error however you’ll find the difference in the rendering of HTML causing cross browser issues.

Many older versions of Internet Explorer browser do not support HTML elements like:

• Video element
  • Audio element
  • Search input type
  • Form validation
  • Multiple file selection
  • Offline web applications

Unsupported CSS Elements in Browsers

Older versions of Internet Explorer, one of still the most used browsers don’t support many CSS elements some of which are:

• CSS3 selectors
  • CSS Counters
  • CSS3 Box-sizing
  • CSS font-stretch
  • CSS namespaces
  • CSS3 Colors

Similarly, some older Google Chrome versions don’t support the following CSS elements:

• CSS overscroll-behavior
  • CSS display: contents
  • CSS Paint API
  • CSSOM Scroll-behavior
  • CSS Scroll snap points
  • CSS Conical Gradients
  • CSS font-size-adjust

Hope this would be useful.