Can anyone please tell me what skills are needed to be learned when an experienced software developer wants to switch to QA.
Software quality engineers work in a wide range of industries. You can find them:-
- Evaluating whether or not an aircraft’s control system fulfils required performance parameters.
- Creating a strategy for testing potential human flaws in an automated drug delivery platform.
- Using bug tracking tool to track down software’s issues.
- Make sure a video game doesn’t crash just as you’re ready to take out the opponent.
The following are the top Software Quality Assurance (QA) Engineer skills:-
- A bachelor’s or master’s degree in software design, engineering, or computer science would be preferred.
- Knowledge of software QA approaches, tools, and processes.
- Should have SQL and scripting skills.
- Working knowledge of software development and quality assurance
- Current trends and technological breakthroughs are well-understood.
- Technical and Analytical abilities.
- Written and verbal communication abilities
- Team player, Time Management, and Technical capabilities.
- Ability to Create Automated Tests
- Ability to work in an independent and in a collaborative manner
- Examine the Test Results
- Divide the project into manageable progress goals.
- Good at Making Use of Source Code Repositories
- Interact with Technical and Non-Technical Resources
- Develop Test Plans, create standards and procedures for determining product quality and readiness for release.
- Find Software Bugs and Document Test Cases
- Boosting Innovation and Streamlining Experience with the Agile Development Process Overall Testing Process Experience with Web-Based Testing Applications
- Identify potential improvements, isolate, and track bugs throughout the testing process
- Identify Potential Issues That Users Might Face.
- Technical and business objectives and challenges must be interpreted.
- Conduct and document risk analysis
- Manual and automated testing should be carried out.
- Maintain a record of test progress and results.
- Study and Analyse Product Features Under Test Investigate New Tools, Technologies, and Testing Processes.
- Examine the user interfaces for coherence and functionality.
- A thorough understanding of QA testing environments is required.
- Comprehensive Knowledge of Software Development Life Cycles.
- Collaborate closely with the development and product teams
- Testing and quality assurance go hand in hand. - So, before moving on to QA, you must be technically sound in testing as well.
You can enroll in the free courses listed below to learn about software testing principles and methodologies.
- Software Testing (Amazon Web Services)
- Software Engineering Essentials (Technische Universität München)
- Software Testing Fundamentals (University of Maryland)
- Testing with Agile (University of Virginia)
- Software Testing - Testing Levels and Object -Oriented Program Testing (Platform: Alison)
- Software Testing - Black-Box Strategies and White-Box Testing (Platform : Alison)
- Selenium WebDriver training with Java Basics (Platform: Udemy)