I just want to know the difference between regression testing and retesting. Please help.
Difference between Regression Testing and Retesting
Hope this will help
The key differences between regression testing and Retesting are:
- Regression testing is often called generic testing but retesting is called planned testing.
- Regression testing is done on the test cases that are passed but retesting is done on the test cases that are failed.
- Regression testing is done to make sure that newly added code does not have any adverse effect on existing functionalities but retesting is done with the aim of defect fixes.
- Regression testing should always be part of testing process when the existing code is being updated but retesting can only be a part of testing when a defect found in the existing code.
- Defect verification is not included in regression testing but in retesting the defect verifications are are included.
- Regression testing can be done in parallel with retesting based on resource availability but retesting is always performed before regression testing.
- Regression testing is possible with automation but retesting is not.
You can also watch this video if you want to know more about the differences between regression testing and retesting: