What is Selenium Manager?

What is Selenium Manager in 4.11 0?

Hi Jacqueline,

In earlier iterations of Selenium, it was necessary to furnish the driver with the executable path for running automated tests on the designated browser. External tools like WebDriverManager were employed to automate the manual task of keeping browser drivers up to date.

The introduction of Selenium Manager in version 4.6.0 marked a significant advancement. This feature alleviates a substantial burden for automation test engineers by managing browser drivers internally, eliminating the need for manual intervention in driver management.

Follow this tutorial to learn more:

Hi, I read carefully the article, I added these dependencies in my pom

<dependencies>
                <dependency>
                    <groupId>org.seleniumhq.selenium</groupId>
                    <artifactId>selenium-java</artifactId>
                       <version>4.16.1</version>
                </dependency>
        <dependency>
            <groupId>io.github.bonigarcia</groupId>
            <artifactId>webdrivermanager</artifactId>
            <version>5.6.2</version>
        </dependency>  

But the java line :

driver = new ChromeDriver(); 

does not download the driver …

My Chrome version is 120.0.6099.217 .

I got this message

IllegalState The path to the driver executable The path to the driver executable must be set by the webdriver.chrome.driver system property; for more information, see https://github.com/SeleniumHQ/selenium/wiki/ChromeDriver. The latest version can be downloaded from https://chromedriver.storage.googleapis.com/index.html

My java version is

openjdk 19 2022-09-20
OpenJDK Runtime Environment (build 19+36-2238)
OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM (build 19+36-2238, mixed mode, sharing)```

And it is no more possible to download the driver manager … :pensive:

Hi Bernard, If you are using IntelliJ, please make sure to refresh the maven dependencies and checking that the latest selenium jars are updated in the External folder. The Selenium jar file should have the version 4.16.1

1. The maven dependencies can be reloaded using the maven toolbar on the right hand side of the screen and then clicking on the refresh button. Check the following screenshot
  2. Once all the maven dependencies are reloaded, you can check if the External Libraries folder of the project show the version 4.16.1 for Selenium jar files
  3. Try running the tests again, it should run successfully.

I hope this solves your problem.

2 Likes