- Choose Behavioral Testing
- Decide When to Perform Unit Testing
- Follow Shift-Left Testing
- Know When to Stop Testing
- Make Test Automation Framework Portable
- Choose Logical Test Names
- Prefer BDD Approach
- No Need to Mock Everything
- Avoid Duplication in Implementation
- Efficiency in Cross Browser Testing
- Get a Test Management Suite
- Comply With Data Privacy Regulations
- Avoid Using Too Many Helpers
To deep dive into each of these practices in detail, plz go through the following blog:
- Structuring test using AAA patterns while using detailed test descriptions
- Testing private methods should be resisted and any error catching or mocking must be avoided.
- Prefer minimum assertions and use only real data.
- Prevent overuse of test preparation tools or helper libraries.