I want to know the advantages as well as disadvantages of automation testing. Can someone please help me?
I think this answer will be helpful.
Advantages of Automation Testing:
- Easy Regression Testing
- Reusability Always Make You Feel Better!
- Powerful Test Reports To Help You Analyze Hundreds Of Test Cases With Ease!
- Schedule Your Test Execution 24/7
- Ability To Perform Testing On Multiple Platforms In Parallel
- It Saves You A Lot Of Time
- Reduced Business Costs & Better Utilization Of Manpower
- Shift-Left Testing Done Better
- Improving The Quality Of Manual Tests
- Maximize The Test Coverage
- Maximizing ROI
Disadvantages of Automation Testing:
- Proficiency is required to write the automation test scripts.
- Debugging the test script is a major issue. If any error is present in the test script, sometimes it may lead to deadly consequences.
- Test maintenance is costly in case of playback methods. Even though a minor change occurs in the GUI, the test script has to be re-recorded or replaced by a new test script.
- Maintenance of test data files is difficult if the test script tests more screens.
- Not many bugs found
- Maintenance Time and Effort
- Slow feedback
- The false sense of quality