What are different testing techniques?

What are different testing techniques?

Hi Dipen,

There are many testing techniques, but some common ones include:

• Functional Testing: Verifies features work as per requirements (e.g., login functionality)
  • Non-Functional Testing: Assesses aspects like performance, usability, and security.
  • Black-Box Testing: Tests the application from an external user perspective, without knowledge of the internal code.
  • White-Box Testing: Tests the application with knowledge of the internal code structure (often used by developers).

You can explore different testing techniques from here:

Building on what salman mentioned, I’d add that in my 8 years of experience, Smoke Testing has been particularly useful. It’s a quick test to check if the basic functionalities of the application are working fine after a build. This helps ensure that critical functionalities are not broken right from the start.

For an in-depth guide on Smoke Testing, you can follow this link: Smoke Testing Guide

Absolutely, and adding to the list, Exploratory Testing is another technique I’ve relied on heavily. With this approach, testers explore the application, learn its functionalities, and simultaneously design and execute test cases. It’s particularly useful for finding defects that scripted testing might miss.

For more on Exploratory Testing and its various approaches, check out this resource: Exploratory Testing

Additionally, there are various types of software testing out there, and it’s crucial to choose the right one to deliver quality software. Here’s a comprehensive guide to help you decide: Types of Software Testing