Unable to start an Appium web session

I’m unable to start an Appium web session with mobile.

The error I get: Response 500 POST http://hub.lambdatest.com/wd/hub/session (331ms) { status: 500, value: { message: '{“errorMsg”:“Oops, capability not supported, please refer capability generator”,“capabilities”:{“acceptInsecureCerts”:true,“acceptSslCerts”:true,“browserName”:“firefox”,“build”:“my test”,“console”:false,“deviceName”:“iPhone 11 Pro Max”,“enableNetworkThrottling”:false,“extendedDebuging”:true,“headless”:false,“id”:“safari_mobile”,“loggingPrefs”:{“browser”:“ALL”,“driver”:“ALL”,“server”:“ALL”},“name”:“Pw301”,“nativeWebScreenshot”:true,“network”:false,“newCommandTimeout”:300,“performance”:false,“platform”:“iOS”,“platformName”:“iOS”,“platformVersion”:“14.2”,“tunnel”:true,“tunnelIdentifier”:“tunneltest”,“tunnelName”:“tunnelmytest” Error connecting to hub.lambdatest.com on port 80.

1 Like

Looking at the capabilities, you have added “browserName”:“firefox” which is not supported in appium. By default, appium only supports “Chrome” for “Android” and “Safari” for “iOS”. For the correct capabilities to execute you test on mobile devices, you may refer to the appium section in capabilities generator : Automation Capabilities Generator For Selenium and Appium | LambdaTest