Is it possible to force Selenium WebDriver to click on an element not visible in Java? If so, how can I do it?

Is it possible to force Selenium WebDriver to click on an element not visible in Java? If so, how can I do it?

Hey Miroslav,

I hope this Answer finds you well. Regarding your query, you can utilize the JavaScriptExecutor to execute a click on an element directly within the DOM, thereby bypassing the visibility check.

You can use JavaScriptExecutor to execute a click on the element directly in the DOM, bypassing the visibility check.

WebElement element = driver.findElement(By.id(“elementId”)); JavascriptExecutor js = (JavascriptExecutor) driver; js.executeScript(“arguments[0].click();”, element);

This method uses JavaScript to trigger a click event on the element, regardless of its visibility. However, it’s important to use this approach judiciously, as it may not trigger the same behavior as a real user click in all cases.

Dear MiroslavRalevic,

You can utilize the Actions class in Selenium to interact with elements, even if they are not currently visible on the screen. This is particularly useful for handling scenarios that involve hover or focus behaviors.

Here’s an example of how you can achieve this:

WebElement element = driver.findElement(By.id("elementId"));
Actions actions = new Actions(driver);
actions.moveToElement(element).click().perform();

By using the Actions class in this manner, you can simulate more complex user interactions and ensure that all necessary hover or focus actions are properly triggered before the click event.

I hope this helps! If you have any further questions, please don’t hesitate to ask.