I am unable to access my web application even after whitelisting the IP's and configuring the tunnel, what can be the issue and solution for that?

I am unable to access my web application even after whitelisting the IP’s and configuring the tunnel, what can be the issue and solution for that?

Hey Aaron!

Because of some firewall restrictions, your web application might not be accessible on some other servers even after whitelisting the IP’s and configuring the tunnel. In such case you need to make an entry in the hosts file of your system which is used to map hostnames to IP addresses.

With the hosts file, you can change the IP address that you resolve a given domain name. The location of the hosts file, depending on the operating system that you are using, is: Windows – SystemRoot > system32 > drivers > etc > hosts.

By default the system root is C:\Windows, so if you are using Windows, your hosts file is most probably: C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\ hosts) and for Linux – /etc/hosts Mac OS X – /private/etc/hosts. In case you want to set the host name "mydomain.com" to the IP address 10.20.30.40 then in the host file add one line as below:

10.20.30.40 mydomain.com [www.mydomain.com](http://www.mydomain.com/)