I am running Cypress automation test and I don't to push the generated video to the Git repo. Could you please help?

I am running Cypress automation test and I don’t to push the generated video to the Git repo. Could you please help?

Hey Macy

To prevent Cypress-generated videos from being pushed to your Git repository, you can modify the .gitignore file in your repository. Here’s a concise guide:

1. Locate or Create .gitignore: Ensure you have a .gitignore file in your repository’s root directory. If it doesn’t exist, create one.

2. Edit .gitignore: Open the .gitignore file in a text editor.

3. Add Video Folder Path: Add the path to the folder where Cypress saves videos. By default, this is cypress/videos. So, you would add the following line to your .gitignore:

cypress/videos

4. Save and Commit .gitignore: Save the changes to .gitignore and commit this file to your repository. This ensures that the video files in the specified directory are ignored in future commits.

By following these steps, the Cypress-generated videos will not be included in your Git commits, thereby keeping them out of your repository.