How to undo the most recent local commits in Git?

How to undo the most recent local commits in Git?

Hello Apksha,

I hope you are doing well,

To delete a Git branch both locally and remotely, you can use the following commands: Delete Remote Branch: git push <remote_name> --delete <branch_name>

This command removes the specified branch from the remote repository. Delete Local Branch:

git branch -d <branch_name>

let me know if you need any further explaination.

Hey Apksha,

I hope you are doing well, for the answer to your query is:-

Switch to a branch other than the one you want to delete: git checkout <another_branch> Delete the local branch: git branch -d <branch_name> Use -D instead of -d if the branch has not been merged yet and you still want to delete it: git branch -D <branch_name>

Delete Remote Branch: Delete the remote branch: git push <remote_name> --delete <branch_name>

For Git version 1.7.0 or newer, you can also use: git push <remote_name> -d <branch_name>

For older versions of Git, you can use: git push <remote_name> :<branch_name>

Replace <branch_name> with the name of the branch you want to delete and <remote_name> with the name of your remote repository.

Hello Apksha

I hope you are doing well here is the answer to your query :-

To delete a remote branch, you can use one of the following commands, depending on your Git version:

For Git version 1.7.0 or newer: git push origin --delete git push origin -d

For Git versions older than 1.7.0: git push origin :

To delete a local branch, you can use: git branch --delete git branch -d # Shorter version git branch -D # Force-delete un-merged branches

To delete a local remote-tracking branch, you can use: git branch --delete --remotes / git branch -dr / # Shorter

To delete multiple obsolete remote-tracking branches, you can use: git fetch --prune git fetch -p # Shorter

Replace with the name of the branch you want to delete, and with the name of your remote repository.