How to run a PowerShell script?

How to run a PowerShell script?

1 Like

To run a PowerShell script on Windows, follow these steps:

1. Launch PowerShell as an Administrator: Search for “PowerShell” in the Start menu, right-click on “Windows PowerShell,” and select “Run as administrator.” Wait for the PS> prompt to appear.

2. Navigate to the script directory: Use the cd command to navigate to the directory where your script is located. For example:

3. Execute the script: Run the script using the following command:

.\run_import_script.ps1

Remember to replace C:\my_path\yada_yada\run_import_script.ps1 with the actual path to your PowerShell script.

Hey Mehta,

To run a script without modifying the default script execution policy in Windows PowerShell, you can use the -ExecutionPolicy Bypass switch. Here’s the command format:

powershell [-noexit] -ExecutionPolicy Bypass -File

Replace <Filename> with the path to your PowerShell script. The -noexit flag is optional and keeps the PowerShell window open after the script has finished executing.

Hey Metha,

I had a similar issue and after several attempts, I found a solution. I used the following command:

powershell.exe -noexit “& ‘c:\Data\ScheduledScripts\ShutdownVM.ps1’”

I put this line in a batch file, and it worked perfectly.

Hi @mehta_tvara

As per my knowleadge To run a PowerShell script you can Open PowerShell =Press Win + X and choose Windows PowerShell or Windows PowerShell Go to Script Location= Use cd followed by the folder path where your script is saved.

Also you can check this=https://stackoverflow.com/questions/58524451/how-to-run-powershell-script-from-ps1-file power apps

1 Like