"How to get an IPA file in Xcode 15? The 'Export' option from earlier versions seems missing."

How can I obtain an IPA file in Xcode 15? In earlier versions of Xcode, there was an “Export” option that allowed me to save a copy of the IPA file and upload it to the App Store using Transporter. This option seems to have disappeared in Xcode 15. I need to get a copy of the IPA file before uploading it due to company policy.

Hello Neha,

The option is still available, but it’s somewhat hidden. If you select “Custom” on the first screen, you can return to the old flow and obtain the IPA file as before.

Hey Neha,

Use Xcode Archives :

1. Perform your project in Xcode by going to Product > Archive.
  2. Once the archive is complete, the Organizer window will open. Select your archive from the list.
  3. Instead of choosing the App Store Connect option, select the option to export the archive.
  4. select “Save for Ad Hoc Deployment” or “Save for Enterprise Deployment” in the export options as needed.
  5. Follow the prompts to export your IPA file to a specified location.

Hello Neha,

Use Xcode Command Line Tools

1. Open the Terminal application on your Mac.
  2. Use the xcodebuild command to build and export the IPA file. This can be done by specifying the appropriate parameters for your project.

xcodebuild -workspace YourWorkspace.xcworkspace -scheme YourScheme -sdk iphoneos -configuration Release archive -archivePath /path/to/archive xcodebuild -exportArchive -archivePath /path/to/archive.xcarchive -exportOptionsPlist /path/to/exportOptions.plist -exportPath /path/to/export

Ensure that you have an exportOptions.plist file configured with the necessary export options