How to check TypeScript version in an Angular 4 project?

How can I check the TypeScript version used in my Angular 4 project? Running ng -v shows various details but not the TypeScript version. What steps can I follow to determine the TypeScript version in my Angular 4 project?

Hey Neha,

To determine the TypeScript version used in your Angular 4 project, open the package.json file and check the devDependencies section. You’ll find the TypeScript version listed there, such as:

“typescript”: “^2.4.0”

Alternatively, you can use the command line to check the TypeScript version by running:

npx tsc --version

Hey Neha,

To find the exact TypeScript version installed in your Angular 4 project, you can use the following methods:

Check Installed Version with npm ls: Run the command:

npm ls typescript

This will display the exact version of TypeScript installed as a package dependency.

Check Version with tsc Command:

If TypeScript is installed locally, run:

npx tsc -v

If TypeScript is installed globally, run: tsc -v

Check Version in package.json: Open your package.json file and look at the devDependencies section. You might see a version specified like: “typescript”: “^2.4.0”

Note that the caret (^) indicates that the minor version can be updated to the latest version upon installation or update. For example, ^2.4.0 means any version from 2.4.0 to <3.0.0 could be installed. Similarly, if the version is preceded by a tilde (~), such as ~2.4.0, only the patch version will be updated, meaning any version from 2.4.0 to <2.5.0 could be installed.

Hii Neha,

Answer:-

To find the exact TypeScript version using Yarn: List Dependencies: Run the command: yarn list --pattern typescript This will list the TypeScript dependency and its version.

Check yarn.lock: Alternatively, you can search the yarn.lock file:

grep “typescript” yarn.lock

This will show the TypeScript version specified in the lock file.