How to build an automated testing pipeline with GoCD?
GoCD is the first fully open-source platform that lets enterprises adopt continuous delivery practices and achieve DevOps efficiencies so that they can deliver better quality, higher-value software to their customers faster.
There are some advantages of GoCD that make it a prominent Jenkins alternative for Continuous Delivery and Continuous Deployment
- Highly flexible and easy to set up for the deployment Pipeline.
- Customizable to diverse requirements.
- Supports Linux and Windows environments.
- Have Flexibility to configure environment variables.
Here are the high level steps involved in building an automated testing pipeline with GoCD:
- Setting up GoCD Server and Agent(s)
- Setting Up the GoCD Pipeline
- Configuring Tasks in GoCD Pipeline
- Configuring GoCD Agent
- Executing GoCD pipeline
- Checking Pipeline logs
Note: You can also create GoCD pipeline using Pipeline as Code approach
Finally, perform test Automation with GoCD Pipeline and a Cloud Selenium Grid
- Creating the Test Automation Pipeline
- Setting up Environment Variable
- Checking Build Logs
- Verifying Automation Test Run on the Cloud Selenium Grid.
To deep-dive into each step, plz go through the following blog on GoCD: