Please tell me how many possibilities are there to test a login page which includes an email, a password and a login button.
How many possibilities are there to test a login page which includes an email, a password and a login button?
Test Cases For a Login/signup Page
- Check all buttons, radio buttons, checkboxes by clicking on all buttons and see if they are working or not.
- Check all required fields by not entering the data and (*) should be shown asking for mandatory field.
- Check all required fields by entering the data and validating. Upon entering the all required fields User should be signed up, A successful registration message should be sent along with a mail.
- Check all optional fields by entering the data and a successful registration should happen.
- Check all optional fields by not entering the data and again the user should be successfully register without asking for the optional fields.
- Check by filling some optional fields and leaving some and the user should be successfully register without asking for the optional fields.
- Test for some invalid emails with cases like: without @, without(.), without domain, without alphabets before @. In such cases the user should be prompted to enter a valid email address and the user shouldn’t be signed up.
- Test for valid email addresses by entering valid email addresses and then click on signup. User should be registered successfully.
- Test for valid but already existing email address. User should not be signed up and prompted to login instead.
Phone number Validation
- Test for non-numeric inputs by entering some alphabets or special characters. Since, it’s a number field so it should show an error and ask user again to enter the correct phone number.
- Test for numeric inputs by entering a valid number and clicking on signup. The user should be registered successfully.
- Test for input with country code applied by entering a number starting from + followed by dial code. User must not get any error message on that.
- Check the password for less value than the minimum characters specified. Enter a password of less than 8 characters and then click on signup. The user should see a message to enter a value between 8 to 16 characters and shouldn’t be signed up.
- Check the password for more value than the maximum characters specified. Enter a password of more than 16 characters and then click on signup. The user should see a message to enter a value between 8 to 16 characters and shouldn’t be signed up.
- Enter a password without alphanumeric characters and click on signup. It should prompt the user to enter a password having alphanumeric characters.
- Check by entering an alphanumeric password between 8-16 characters and a special character. It should not give any error and signup should be successful.
- Tab functionality should work fine. Check by pressing tab button. It should navigate between the fields.
- Enter button should act as a substitute for click on signup button and the user should be successfully signed up on pressing enter.
- Verify that the cursor should change according to the fields. On text fields, it should be a ?, on buttons it should be a hand pointer.
Template of Test Cases for a Sign Up Page
You can also use this test case template for maintaining your test results for a signup page. Download it free and use this as a standard template.
When it comes to performing cross browser testing of a signup page, you can verify all the above test results across all browsers one by one.
For more information on how to perform cross browser testing using LambdaTest read our blog by formulating a perfect cross browser testing strategy and make sure your users don’t bounce back because of some silly bugs.