How do I implement a wait in Selenium to wait for the page to finish loading?

How do I implement a wait in Selenium to wait for the page to finish loading?

Hi Shreshthaseth,

In response to your query, the concept of Implicit Wait in Selenium WebDriver plays a crucial role in ensuring effective automation scripts.

Implicit Wait: The implicit wait tells WebDriver to poll the DOM for a certain amount of time when trying to find an element or elements if they are not immediately available. This can help wait for the page to finish loading.

// Set implicit wait to 10 seconds driver.manage().timeouts().implicitlyWait(10, TimeUnit.SECONDS);

To know more about the Selenium Waits, follow this guide and get valuable insights: Selenium Wait: Implicit, Explicit & Fluent Wait Commands | LambdaTest

Should you have any further queries or require additional assistance, feel free to reach out.

Warm regards,

Hello Shresthaseth,

I hope this message finds you well.

Regarding your inquiry about explicit waits and expected conditions, I’d be happy to provide some insights.

Here’s an example of how you can implement this:

Explicit Wait with Expected Conditions: Using explicit waits, you can wait for a specific condition to be true before proceeding. In this case, we wait for the document’s ready state to be “complete,” indicating that the page has finished loading.

WebDriverWait wait = new WebDriverWait(driver, 10); wait.until(ExpectedConditions.jsReturnsValue(“return document.readyState=="complete";”));

Dear Shreshthaseth,

You can utilize the JavaScript executor in Selenium to execute JavaScript code directly within the browser. This enables you to verify the document’s readiness before proceeding with further actions. Below is an example code snippet demonstrating how to wait for the document.readyState to become “complete”:

java

// Wait for the document.readyState to be "complete"
boolean isPageLoaded = (Boolean)((JavascriptExecutor)driver).executeScript("return document.readyState").equals("complete");

This approach ensures that the web page has fully loaded before you continue with any subsequent actions.