How can I validate an email address using a regular

How can I validate an email address using a regular …

Hello Anusha,

Here is the Answer to the Question:-

To validate an email address using a regular expression, you can use basic email validation

^[^\s@]+@[^\s@]+.[^\s@]+$

1. ^[^\s@]+: Matches one or more characters that are not whitespace or the @ symbol at the beginning of the string.
  2. @[^\s@]+: Matches the @ symbol followed by one or more characters that are not whitespace or the @ symbol.
  3. .[^\s@]+$: Matches a dot . followed by one or more characters that are not whitespace or the @ symbol and ends the string.

Hello Anusha,

A more comprehensive regular expression to validate email addresses adhering to the standard format: ^[a-zA-Z0-9._%±]+@[a-zA-Z0-9.-]+.[a-zA-Z]{2,}$

^[a-zA-Z0-9._%±]+: Matches one or more alphanumeric characters, dots ., underscores _, percent signs %, plus signs +, or hyphens - at the start. @[a-zA-Z0-9.-]+: Matches the @ symbol followed by one or more alphanumeric characters, dots ., or hyphens -. .[a-zA-Z]{2,}$: Matches a dot . followed by two or more alphabetic characters, ensuring a valid domain extension.

I hope this explanation works for you please let me know if you need any more clarity on this. Thank you

Hello Anusha,

A complex regular expression to validate email addresses according to RFC 5322, which is the standard for email format:

(?:[a-z0-9!#$%&'+/=?^_{|}~-]+(?:\.[a-z0-9!#$%&'*+/=?^_{|}~-]+)|"(?:[\x01-\x08\x0b\x0c\x0e-\x1f\x21\x23-\x5b\x5d-\x7f]|\[\x01-\x09\x0b\x0c\x0e-\x7f])")@(?:(?:a-z0-9?.)+a-z0-9?|[(?:(?:25[0-5]|2[0-4][0-9]|[01]?[0-9][0-9]?).){3}(?:25[0-5]|2[0-4][0-9]|[01]?[0-9][0-9]?|[a-z0-9-][a-z0-9]:(?:[\x01-\x08\x0b\x0c\x0e-\x1f\x21-\x5a\x53-\x7f]|\[\x01-\x09\x0b\x0c\x0e-\x7f])+)])

This regex allows for a wide range of valid email addresses, including those with quoted strings, special characters, and IPv6 addresses.

The first part (?:[a-z0-9!#$%&'+/=?^_{|}~-]+(?:.[a-z0-9!#$%&'+/=?^_{|}~-]+)|"(?:[\x01-\x08\x0b\x0c\x0e-\x1f\x21\x23-\x5b\x5d-\x7f]|\[\x01-\x09\x0b\x0c\x0e-\x7f])") covers local part formats, including both quoted and unquoted strings.

The second part @(?:(?:a-z0-9?.)+a-z0-9?|… covers the domain part, supporting subdomains, top-level domains, and even IP addresses.