Does Selenium allow the capture of a screenshot of WebElement?

Does Selenium allow the capture of a screenshot of WebElement?

Hey Saanvi,

Yes, Selenium 4 allows for capturing a screenshot of WebElement using the captureElementScreenshot() method of the BrowsingContext class.

For more information, follow this blog and get detail insights on how to capture full page screenshot in Selenium 4 : How To Take Full Page Screenshots In Selenium WebDriver | LambdaTest

As someone who has been automating tests with Selenium for over five years, I can add that Selenium also provides the capability to capture screenshots of WebElements using advanced interactions with the Actions class. By hovering over or interacting with specific elements, you can dynamically capture the state of those elements. This method is very handy for capturing transient states in your full page screenshot captures.

With my extensive experience in Selenium WebDriver, I can confirm that you can capture screenshots of WebElements by first locating the element using the findElement() method. Then, you can utilize JavaScriptExecutor to directly capture the screenshot of that particular WebElement within the browser context. This approach complements the full page screenshot techniques by allowing granular control over specific parts of the page.