Can PWAs be distributed through app stores like native mobile apps?

Can PWAs be distributed through app stores like native mobile apps?

Hey Matthew,

PWA’s are matter of choice some organization needs it some prefer building a separate mobile app as per their requirement.

PWAs can be distributed through app stores like Google Play Store and Microsoft Store using tools like Trusted Web Activities (TWA) and Microsoft’s PWA Builder, allowing users to discover and install PWAs like native apps.

To learn more about PWA’s and various frameworks , follow this blog given below and get detail insights

In my decade of working with mobile app development, I’ve noticed that the Apple App Store has a unique stance on PWAs. While PWAs can be added to the home screen on iOS devices, offering a native-app-like experience, Apple doesn’t currently allow them to be listed in the App Store. However, this could change as Apple evolves its policies and support for web technologies.

Having spent years developing for both web and mobile platforms, I can say that another convenient way to distribute PWAs is directly through browsers. Users can install PWAs from supported browsers like Chrome and Edge, bypassing the need for an app store. Browsers prompt users to add the PWA to their home screen, making it easily accessible just like a native mobile app.