We all are eager for bringing automation to most of our business related processes. Being the latest buzzword everyone seems to be rushing towards its implementation for improving their business efficiency.
Will Automation help improve business efficiency? Yes.
Is Automation the only way of improving business efficiency? No! There are many other ways of going around it. Consider automation as one of the tools available in your garage. You need to be aware on how to use that tool to tune your car up to shape. What i mean is there may exist challenges related to website automation testing.
These challenges would include :
- Acknowledging how much automation to perform.
- Parallel execution of multiple test cases will make it difficult for you to perform bug logging and debugging as well.
- False Positives and False Negatives
- Web elements with undefined IDs.
- Cross browser compatibility
- Maintenance of the tool used.
- Dynamic GUI content – As it is ever changing in accordance to the demands of time and business. Frequent changes may lead some scripts to fail.
So there is a lot to consider before deep diving into automation testing.
Well, you can still Automate the tests without using the framework, but in the long run, when you automate more scripts, maintenance will become a costly and time-consuming task thus rendering your script non-usable or upgradable easily. The framework is nothing but the set of guidelines or protocols to follow. Each framework has its own benefits. and by using the framework we make our automation life easy :) and don’t have to reinvent the things. The most common Benefits of using frameworks are:
- Reusability of code
- Low-cost maintenance In this way, one can ensure that they are testing on the right devices. If you are looking for real devices in real network conditions, then you should leverage QAppAssure for testing your product. QAppAssure also provides a plethora of on-cloud devices to test your products.