Discussion on Elevate Your Testing Game: Building an Appium 2.0 Plugin Live by Srinivasan Sekar and Sai Krishna | Testμ 2023

Hi,

As an active participant in this enlightening session, I’m thrilled to provide insights on behalf of the speaker.

Regarding the use of containers for running Appium and emulators in mobile application testing, it’s indeed a valuable approach. Containerization technologies, such as Docker, have gained significant popularity for their ability to simplify the setup and management of testing environments.

Docker, in particular, offers a flexible and efficient way to containerize Appium and emulate various mobile devices, streamlining the testing process.

Hello,

As an engaged participant in this informative session, I’m excited to share insights on behalf of the speaker. Your active involvement in this discussion is invaluable, and I’m here to assist you further.

Regarding custom Appium 2.0 plugins, they indeed play a crucial role in addressing specific automation requirements. These plugins are instrumental in scenarios where tailored automation solutions are needed, such as testing proprietary controls, integrating with third-party tools, managing complex test data, or validating hardware features.

Custom plugins expand the capabilities of Appium, enabling it to adapt to unique testing demands. By doing so, they enhance test accuracy, efficiency, and overall testing processes.y

Hey there,

As I personally attend this session, I would like to answer this on behalf of the speaker,

The difference is simple the appium didn’t have a concept called “Templated,” which is now introduced into Appium 2.0.

In terms of improvement, since we have the concept of templates or, say, pre-build templates, it’s easy to integrate and build an appium plugin by just changing some of the properties like ClassName and methodName.

Hope this information was helpful :slight_smile: