Discussion on A Hybrid Approach to Performance Testing Discussion by Marie Cruz | I Testμ 2023

Hey,

Being involved in this informative session, and I’m delighted to provide insights on behalf of the speaker.

It’s possible that the xk6 browser could become a tool for detecting outdated automation at the protocol level in the future. Extending k6 to support browser-based interactions may facilitate more comprehensive testing and help identify protocol-level issues that traditional automation tools might miss. However, the success of such an endeavor would depend on the development and adoption of the xk6 browser within the testing community.

Hope this answers your query

Hi,

I took part in this informative session, and I am happy to respond to your query on behalf of the speaker.

Yes, there are ongoing efforts to reduce the resource footprint for browser-level replay in performance testing tools like k6. The aim is to make browser-level interactions more efficient and less resource-intensive while still providing accurate testing results. These efforts typically involve optimizing the underlying technology and algorithms used for browser replay to ensure that it consumes fewer resources, such as CPU and memory, while maintaining performance and reliability.

This optimization is crucial for running tests at scale and for making browser-level testing more accessible to a broader range of users.

Hi,

I was part of this insightful session, and I am happy to respond to your query on behalf of the speaker.

To avoid double automation work, use tools that integrate protocol-level and browser-level testing. Plan clear test scenarios and strategies to minimize redundancy in your scripts.

Hope this answers your query

Hello,

I’m delighted to share my thoughts on behalf of the speaker after attending this engaging session.

K6 primarily focuses on performance testing from the client-side perspective, so it doesn’t provide direct analytics on server-side resource utilization like CPU and memory usage. To monitor server-side metrics, you’d typically use separate server monitoring tools like Prometheus, Grafana, or other infrastructure monitoring solutions. These tools can complement K6 by providing insights into server performance during your tests.

Hope this answers yours query :slight_smile:

Hello,

To answer your query, K6 extensions like xsql are not supported in K6 Cloud due to security and resource concerns. If you need specific extensions, consider running tests on your infrastructure for more control.

Hope this clarifies your doubt