LambdaTest Community

Find answers, support, and inspiration from other users

Questions 3
LambdaTest Community
Answered

What is sanity testing and regression testing?

Can anyone please tell me what is sanity testing and regression testing.

Up Vote Down Vote 0 Votes
Posted 2 months ago

Answers 3

Sanity testing is carry out to check whether the bugs reported in previous build are fixed.

Regression testing is one of those ways, wherein all test cases are re-executed after an existing bug is fixed or a CR(change requirement) is deployed in production environment.

The main aim of Sanity testing to check the planned functionality is working as expected. Regression testing’s main aim is to acknowledge if there are any side effects due to the fix being brought in, on the relative modules or interfaces or on overall functionality of an application.

Sanity tests helps to avoid wasting time and cost involved in testing if the build is failed. Tester should reject the build upon build failure.

After completion of regression testing the Sanity testing is performed to check the defect fixes & changes done in the software application is not breaking the core functionality of the software. Typically this is done nearing end of SDLC i.e. while releasing the software. You can say that sanity testing is a subset of acceptance testing.

Since the digital discovery is being more and more mobile centric. It is important to test your mobile applications for automated acceptance testing. Also, to be aware regarding regression testing strategies of mobile web pages.

Posted 2 months ago

Hello, I hope this Info is useful to u. Regression testing is done to verify that the complete system and bug fixes are working fine. Sanity testing is done at random to verify that each functionality is working as expected.This is not a planned testing and is done only when there's a time crunch. I have found this information in w3softech , which is best software testing company in India.

Posted one month ago

Regression testing:

1. Regression testing is done to verify that the complete system and bug fixes are working fine.
  2. Every tiniest part is regressed in this testing.
  3. It is a well elaborate and planned testing.
  4. An appropriately designed suite of test cases is created for this testing.
  5. This includes in-depth verification of functionality, UI, performance, browser/OS testing etc. i.e. every aspect of the system is regressed.

Sanity Testing:

1. Sanity testing is done at random to verify that each functionality is working as expected
  2. This is not a planned testing and is done only when there’s a time crunch.
  3. This is not a planned testing and is done only when there’s a time crunch.
  4. It may not every time be possible to create the test cases; a rough set of test cases is created usually.
  5. This mainly includes verification of business rules, functionality.

You can use a platform like QAppAssure which allows you to test on-cloud and on-field devices, across 100+ device, make and models, Integrate with Jira, CI/CD tools, and also use Appium, Calabash, Espresso, UIAutomator, XCUITest.

Posted 25 days ago