LambdaTest Community

Find answers, support, and inspiration from other users

Questions 2
LambdaTest Community
Answered

How do I find bugs in websites?

Can anyone please tell me how do I find bugs in websites.

Up Vote Down Vote 0 Votes
Posted 2 months ago

Answers 2

You need to perform below mentioned test in order to find bugs in a website:

1. Performance Testing - To check if the application is able to cope up with excessive load. Page loading speed should be good.
  2. Security Testing - To prevent your website from being hacked you need to perform the security tests. This is mandatory if your website is offering facilities like banking, shopping, social networking etc.
  3. HTML and CSS validation - There are many tools like HTML tidy, Google Webmaster tools etc. that can help you in validating your HTML. CSS Compressor is a tool for helping you out with CSS.
  4. Cross Browser Testing - It is vital to check whether your website is supported through multiple browsers as not all web elements like AJAX, java applets, etc will be rendered in different rendering engines. Simply, put a website working well in Chrome may or may not work well in Mozilla Firefox, IE, Opera or any other browser.
  5. Mobile Ready Test - In this mobile-first world, it is essential to create a website that is mobile ready. So you need to check how responsive you website is through different mobile devices.
  6. Accessibility Testing - You need to test if your website is accessible to all including people with disabilities. There is a set of guidelines issued by W3C which must be followed for every website before launching it in the web.
Posted 2 months ago

Tips on how to find exceptional bugs:

1. Lateral thinking Lateral thinking is when you solve a problem by an indirect approach, and it usually involves seeing the issue in a new way that no one else has previously. Essentially, it’s examining a problem with a creative mindset. After all, it’s hard to find bugs without thinking outside the box.
  2. Communication skills The ability to communicate with other members of the team is essential for any exploratory tester. This allows you to coordinate with additional inspectors, determining who will work on a particular aspect of the testing, so you do not overlook any part.
  3. Technical skills Some types of testing do not require vast technical skills, only a familiarity with the basics. But exploratory testing may look at the full stack, from the user interface to the layers of software underneath, so you must have the skills to understand the programs and general coding.

You can use a platform like QAppAssure I recently came accross, which allows you to test on-cloud and on-field devices, across 100+ device, make and models, Integrate with Jira, CI/CD tools, and also use Appium, Calabash, Espresso, UIAutomator, XCUITest. You can run unlimited parallel tests with the free trial pack.

Posted 12 days ago