Depends on what course you are referring to.
A few important points :
- If you are planning to join a S/W testing course at an institute after paying some fee, first try reading a few good books on s/w testing.
- Try joining s/w testing courses available online on coursera/ other sources available.
- These should be enough to give you decent knowledge about s/w testing.
- Once you have completed the above mentioned stuff, you can join a course in an institute if you still feel the need to join one of them.
- Worth of joining the course depends on your need and eagerness to learn and then using the knowledge learned by you.