You don’t need to have any Android phones, if you wish to perform mobile website testing.
You can make use of :
1. Device Testing Labs/Clouds – These labs are a collection of real mobile devices, providing you a diverse mobile testing experience. Once you test on real devices then you know for certain that your product is working as intended. However, maintaining such a library of mobile devices requires a heavy investment. For Instance, AWS Device Farm is offering 3 levels of pricing:
- $0.17 per device minute, with first 1,000 minutes free.
- Unlimited testing, starting from $250/month.
- Private devices (test on dedicated devices deployed exclusively for your account), starting from $200/month.
Device Testing Clouds are expensive? Well, then it is time for you to turn to Emulators and Simulators.
2. Android Emulator and iOS Simulator – They include default web browsers for figuring a valuable approximation regarding your website’s performance and appearance. You can’t have exact statistics related to page loading time or performance under real network scenario. Other than that they are a pretty viable to mobile testing.