Accessibility, in terms of web technology has varied and vast meaning. It is not just about making your website or web application friendly for the people with disabilities but it is a lot more than that.
It simply means how accessible your website or web application is to different users. It can be anything ranging from:
- People using screen readers to access your text.
- Utilization of captions for video to understand the context by people having hearing disabilities.
- People having some motor impairments who use non mouse methods like keyboards and shortcuts to use web.
- People on older versions of browsers
- People using different mediums like mobile phones and tablets
Everything counts under accessibility.