LambdaTest Community

Find answers, support, and inspiration from other users

Questions
LambdaTest Community
Answered

I am manual tester, what should I do next?

Hi, I have ecome a manual tester, what should be the next step in my career path, can somebody please help.

Up Vote Down Vote 0 Votes
Posted 2 months ago

Answers

The industry is moving towards artificial intelligence, automation and agile development. Even when it comes to testing this is where the future is.

There is going to be high demand of testers skilled in -

1. automation testing - tester who can write scripts in languages like VB, Java, Perl or Python. 2. artificial intelligence - people who understand testing an can train the software to be smart and make predictions closer to the future.

Even if you chose to stay into manual testing you will move up higher in ranks and eventually will become a senior test engineer or become a QA or a test manager. For this you would have to find your niche and it can be -

1. tools you have specialized in like Quality Center from HP or CQTM from IBM.
  2. type of testing, like security testing, performance testing or cross browser testing.

A good way around could be defining your domain and becoming an expert of tools for that testing. For example if you would want to hone cross browser testing you can dive into how LambdaTest works.

Up Vote Down Vote 0 Votes
Posted 2 months ago