LambdaTest Community

Find answers, support, and inspiration from other users

Questions 2
LambdaTest Community
Answered

How can I test using Codeless automation?

I want a tutorial on how can I test using Codeless automation. Can anyone please provide that.

Up Vote Down Vote 0 Votes
Posted 2 months ago

Answers 2

Codeless automation is an whole new approach still under research.

Codeless testing is creating automation tests without writing a single piece of code. This approach has been steadily evolving with new innovation on technology, focusing more on around reducing the coding process and making it more user friendly. The ultimate aim is to make the setup so easy to use so that automating a test scenario takes very less amount of time and require almost no coding efforts. Making the process true codeless testing.

Explore more on how you can use codeless automation for testing in a well written article.

Hope this helps!

Posted 2 months ago

Codeless testing tools allow testers to design test cases using a user-friendly interface while test scripts are written automatically in the back-end. That means the testers can now focus on what they do best: testing for assurance. For example, they have more time for exploratory testing and ensuring the product’s functionalities more effectively.

The adoption of codeless testing will cause changes in the existing mindset of the QA team as well as the current workflow that they have long been used to. Note that codeless testing cannot entirely replace Selenium and cover all the crucial aspects of your application. The best applicable cases for codeless practices is for continuous testing and regression testing. These types of testing tend to be repetitive, and eventually take up a significant amount of resources from the team as the project grows over time.

The benefits of codeless test automation:

• Better test coverage
  • Shorter time to market
  • Increased test reusability
  • Empower Agile methodology

You can use a platform like QAppAssure which allows you to test on-cloud and on-field devices, across 100+ device, make and models, Integrate with Jira, CI/CD tools, and also use Appium, Calabash, Espresso, UIAutomator, XCUITest.

Posted 25 days ago