LambdaTest Community

Find answers, support, and inspiration from other users

Questions
LambdaTest Community
Answered

Does Chrome have a feature similar to Firefox 'container' tabs?

Please someone tell me does Chrome have a feature similar to Firefox 'container' tabs.

Up Vote Down Vote 0 Votes
Posted 2 months ago

Answers

Though Chrome doesn’t have an extension like “Container Tabs” on Firefox, you can however create multiple ‘People’ accounts, but weirdly enough, you can’t seem to find it on the Chrome “Settings” page. (well, I couldn’t)

Go to the triple point icon in the upper right corner and click on the profile icon next of it, on the left. Now click on “Manage people” and next on “Add person”. Fill in a name and choose an icon and click “Add”.

This will start a clean Chrome browser as if you just installed it. You can register a second Google account or no account at all and start browsing.

However, since this browser is in a default state, you need to download and install the extensions you want to use from the “Chrome Web Store”.. these can be the same as what you're using in your first Chrome install e.g. Person 1, but than again, it may be completely different extensions. I couldn’t find a way to migrate all extensions used in my first Chrome install, to the newly created one e.g. Person 2, which is kind of a hassle.

Either way, this isn’t like “Container Tabs” but it does do the job equally well, being able to browse the net using different persona’s. It even lets you place an icon on your desktop as any “People” account you like, which “Container Tabs” does not.

Now, I am myself an avid Firefox user and avoid using Chrome as much as possible, however I do like to use Brave Browser which is based on Chromium and the process of creating multiple persona’s is equal to Chrome.

I’m not affiliated to Brave Browser, but it’s really worth checking it out.

Up Vote Down Vote 0 Votes
Posted 2 months ago
1 Answer
2 months ago