Ever since the arrival of 2018, the software world has witnessed the emergence of many new technologies. Here are the top technologies of 2018 that left everyone with awe!
1. VR/ AR - Virtual Reality and Augmented Reality - We all heard the buzz of pokemon game where people were out on streets for real to catch a pokemon.
2. User Behaviour Tracking - With modern web browsers providing more and more features to attract users towards them. Their behaviour tracking is very important to drive better conversions to any web product.
3. PWA - Progressive Web Apps - Ahh! The primary reason overshadowing the popularity of Native applications in recent years. PWA application provides a UI and UX similar to a native application but you don’t have to download or install them into your device storage. They are fully accessible on the internet by typing respective URL in the browser.
4. Webviews - Remember the time, when we wished to access any third party link; it used to open in a new browser on the device. Resulting in, moving us out from the application where we were intended to work on. A disaster to User Experience which was resolved by facilitating an in-app browser window for facilitating third-party web pages as part of activity layout. Kudos to WebViews! Now you don’t get pushed onto another 3rd party application, rather an in-app browser pulls the content from the web for you. With the convenience of staying in the intended application. Take Instagram for an instance, where you need to swipe up in some stories and you are redirected to a webpage through an in-app browser, rather than opening the content in chrome, safari, firefox or any other browser. You can navigate the content freely on the redirected webpage by scrolling up/down, zooming in/out or searching for a text.
5. AI and Machine Learning - A field that has been growing enormously. If you are new to the concept of machine learning then the below video will be very helpful in providing you with information on an abstract level.
6. Motion UI - A technology that spread in the web design industry like wildfire due to its simplistic deployment and flexible customization. Drawing motion UI has been very helpful in drawing an end user attention to the content on your website.