LambdaTest Community

Find answers, support, and inspiration from other users

Questions
LambdaTest Community
Answered

What type of testing can I use for testing a website's design and responsiveness?

Please can anyone tell me what type of testing can I use for testing a website's design and responsiveness.

Up Vote Down Vote 0 Votes
Posted 2 months ago

Answers

Website testing is an important step in Software Testing Life Cycle. Responsive design gives you the flexibility to beautifully display web content on different screen sizes. While performing responsive web testing, your main focus is on the layout and appearance of the web application you are testing. The web application should render the page correctly in all resolutions the user uses. But the problem, is how to test this?

The number of devices at our disposal has grown astronomically. This is great for the user, but a nightmare to designers and testers. There are amazing testing tools effectively ensure that websites are optimized for all devices.

Responsive testing is done in two different ways:

• Browser-based tool: An example is Viewport Resize, a browser-based tool that checks the responsiveness of your website by changing the viewport based on device size and resolution.
  • Stand-alone tool/app: Here you need to enter your device URL to find the responsiveness of the web content in your device.

One of the tools is LambdaTest. With LambdaTest you can check responsiveness of your website across various screen sizes ranging from mobile to desktop devices.

Up Vote Down Vote 0 Votes
Posted 2 months ago