LambdaTest Community

Find answers, support, and inspiration from other users

Questions
LambdaTest Community
Answered

How do I capture all network traffics of a website with its users?

Please someone give me a tutorial on how do I capture all network traffics of a website with its users.

Up Vote Down Vote 0 Votes
Posted 2 months ago

Answers

Capturing network traffic requires specialized tools that monitor the network in which it is deployed. These tools aggregate, segregate, apply user-provided rules and visualize various aspects related to network traffic. Here are some of the most popular tools used for this purpose.

1. Wireshark - Wireshark is one of the most widely used network monitoring tools today. A free and an open source tool, Wireshark equips you with a packet analyzer that can go to microscopic levels of networking monitoring.

It has some powerful features such as a feature-rich GUI for monitoring, a pluggable interface to monitor a new type of protocol, live data connection to ports, multi-protocol scalable dissectors, and more.

2. Microsoft Network Monitor - If you are on a windows machine, you can use the inbuilt network monitoring tool to capture and analyze your network traffic. Apart from the broader capabilities of capturing traffic through the adapters or even the subnets, this tool can be used for much finer operations.

3. Observium Community - Observium will help you to improve visibility within your network. With features such as device auto-discovery, health checks of existing devices and reporting features makes it one of the most sought-after tools for discovery and status check use cases.

Up Vote Down Vote 0 Votes
Posted 2 months ago
1 Answer
2 months ago