LambdaTest Community

Find answers, support, and inspiration from other users

Questions
LambdaTest Community
Answered

Is microservices architecture making services more reusable?

I want to know whether microservices architecture is making services more reusable.

Up Vote Down Vote 0 Votes
Posted 2 months ago

Answers

The microservice architecture will definitely boost the scalability of your business development, establishing more reusable services & bringing a top-notch product in the market. All you need is a little precaution regarding the pros and cons of its implementation.

Over the last few years, Microservice Architecture emerged out to be on top of conventional SOA(Service Oriented Architecture). This much more precise and smaller architecture brought in many benefits along with it. Enough to make the business more scalable in a fly by paralleling development, testing and maintenance across various independent teams. Considering how different this approach is from the conventional monolithic process, the testing strategies that apply are also different. With different testing strategies emerge different testing challenges.

Although microservices will offer more reusability, there will be keychallenges related to testing Microservices. These challenges will include struggling coordination, heavy investment on cloud, integration testing and debugging and a lot more. Microservices are hard to debug because behaviour can be emergent and small glitches or failures in one part of the system can cause large-scale outages. We need to be able to ask questions and break down data to the level of individual requests, or users, or specific API endpoints, etc.

I don’t intend to criticise microservice architecture, however, I do want you to be aware of them in detail before it gets deployed into your organization.

Up Vote Down Vote 0 Votes
Posted 2 months ago
1 Answer
2 months ago