LambdaTest Community

Find answers, support, and inspiration from other users

Questions
LambdaTest Community
Answered

How do I get better with responsive web design?

Can anyone please tell me how do I get better with responsive web design.

Up Vote Down Vote 0 Votes
Posted 2 months ago

Answers

I believe that the only way to better is to be cautious and preventive. RWD is the need of the hour. Although, when modern web developers chase to implement dynamic features, it is not uncommon to witness web developers make a mistake or two in their web design! We are only human right!

Here are some common web design mistakes which you should avoid to get better with your Responsive Web Design:-

1. Using Non-Responsive Design - Not keeping RWD(Responsive Web Design) in mind will result in a large website displayed in a small screen with small buttons making it difficult for the end user to read the content or click on the horizontal scrollbar along with many other discrepancies, all of which will lead to a bad user experience.

2. Using outdated HTML - In earlier versions of HTML, latest Markup options were not available that makes the job easier. Developers who started coding since earlier days still have the habit of using lots or s and ‘&nbps’s which not only increases the line of code but also causes layout issues in updated browsers like Microsoft Edge.

3. Being highly dependent on Website Builder Tools.

4. Cross Browser Compatibility Issues - Those days are long gone when Internet Explorer was the only browser available to access websites. At present, apart from the big shots like Chrome, Firefox, Safari, there are hundreds of desktop and mobile browsers, even some device-specific browsers that are preferred by users for accessing websites. So it is important to validate your website for compatibility issues.

5. Insufficient Input Validation - Web developers often make the mistake of ignoring form validation and trust on user input. End users are human, and mistakes happen with them also. Incomplete form validation may result in a mistyped alphabet in the phone number field or an incorrect email format missing the ‘.’ or ‘@’. All these leading to incorrect data submitted by the user that may lead to failed delivery of information to the user’s physical or online address.

Up Vote Down Vote 0 Votes
Posted 2 months ago