LambdaTest Community

Find answers, support, and inspiration from other users

Questions
LambdaTest Community
Answered

How do I become a better front end developer? I've been writing basic HTML and CSS for years, but I really want/need to step up my game. What's the best way to level up my skills?

Can anyone please tell me how do I become a better front end developer and also i've been writing basic HTML and CSS for years, but I really want/need to step up my game. What's the best way to level up my skills.

Up Vote Down Vote 0 Votes
Posted 2 months ago

Answers

Since now you already have an experience with basic HTML and CSS. You can now dive into the other parallel aspects related to web pages, like design, frameworks and UI/UX.

And there are plenty of resources out there which can assist you in going to the next level. Here are some of them: -

1. Bootstrap - Twitter Bootstrap is used by almost 4% of the websites on the entire internet and among 25% of the top ranked websites. It is the perfect solution if you want to create responsive web pages and with the built-in grid system and lots of other UI components, it is the most reliable CSS3 framework that is worth using.

2. Foundation - Foundation is a mobile-first framework. Although its functionality is the same as Bootstrap, there are some minor differences. Used by 5% among the 10000 top ranked websites. It provides a base for creating a responsive website with more advanced components like a flex grid and typography.

3. UIKit - With a little planning and using less resource, users can create dynamic responsive websites using UIKit. This framework offers a lot of interactive components by using CSS3, Less.js and Sass that make web designing easier and fun-filled.

4. LESS (Leaner Style Sheets) - Alexis Sellier designed LESS, a dynamic language that can be compiled into CSS and rendered to a server as well as client side. It is popular among developers because it requires less line of codes and has a block formatting syntax just like CSS.

5. Toast -Another CSS3 frameworks ideal for creating responsive web pages. Just like Bootstrap, a 12-column responsive grid is used whereby efficient usage of box-sizing, borders, and paddings can be dynamically added to the grid.

6. Ingrid - This is a fluid CSS layout system that is lightweight that comes with the objective of reducing classes that are applied to individual components. This feature makes it more intrusive and fun to create responsive layouts.

Up Vote Down Vote 0 Votes
Posted 2 months ago
1 Answer
2 months ago