The love of Automation testers, TestNG, is a Java testing framework that can be used to drive Selenium Automation script.
When it comes to automation, no one can compete with Selenium.
If you are planning to dive into the field of automation testing, TestNG can be your topmost choice.
The major thing while opting for TestNG is that it is easy to use and learn. It is so simple as compared that you can very easily create your first automation script using TestNG.
Other advantages for TestNG over other frameworks include:
- Support for parameters.
- Supports dependent methods testing.
- Test configuration flexible.
- Supports powerful execution model.
- Embeds BeanShell for further flexibility.
- TestNG has a more elegant way of handling parameterized tests with the data-provider concept.
- For the same test class TestNG support for multiple instances.
- Extendibility of using different Tools and plug-ins like Eclipse, Maven, IDEA etc.
- Default JDK functions for runtime and logging (no dependencies).
- Supported different Annotations like @BeforeSuite, @AfterSuite, @BeforeClass, @AfterClass, @BeforeTest, @AfterTest, @BeforeGroups, @AfterGroups, @BeforeMethod, @AfterMethod, @DataProvider, @Factory, @Listeners, @Parameters, @Test.