LambdaTest Community

Find answers, support, and inspiration from other users

Questions 2
LambdaTest Community
Answered

When should I execute parallel testing in Selenium?

Can anyone please tell me when should I execute parallel testing in Selenium.

Up Vote Down Vote 0 Votes
Posted 3 months ago

Answers 2

Now, you know how parallel testing is helpful for continuous integration and delivery of applications, it’s time to understand when and how you should implement it in your SDLC. You can use parallel testing for the following scenarios:

• If there is even minimal uncertainty in the functionality of new applications, especially when the updated and earlier version of the app is similar.
  • For financial applications related to the banking sector, where most applications are identical. Parallel testing can be used to verify the earlier and newest versions of the application.
  • While importing legacy data from one system to another, or a company moving from old system to new system.
  • During automated browser testing, when you need to test an app across multiple combinations of browsers, operating systems, and devices.
Posted 3 months ago

The parallel test execution is different from sequential testing, where we test different modules or functionalities one after the other. Even in the case of testing applications on multiple browsers, tests are performed sequentially on various browsers. This approach of testing is very time-consuming.

Parallel testing helps to reduce execution time and efforts and results in faster time to delivery. It proves to be handy specifically in case of automation, compatibility testing, localization, and internalization testing. In a scenario where we have two versions of software available, and we need to check its stability and compatibility, we can run the two versions simultaneously and find issues at a much faster rate.

You can use a platform like QAppAssure which allows you to test on-cloud and on-field devices, across 100+ device, make and models, Integrate with Jira, CI/CD tools, and also use Appium, Calabash, Espresso, UIAutomator, XCUITest. You can run unlimited parallel tests with the free trial pack.

Posted one month ago