NUnit is a preferred Selenium C# framework that is used for automated browser testing. Below are some of the advantages of using the NUnit framework:
- It is a robust and user-extensible test framework.
- Attributes are an important part of the NUnit framework and they are instrumental in speeding up the execution of the test cases.
- The framework is well-suited if you are planning to use Test-Driven Development (TDD) for the test activity.
- NUnit is open-source and the project is witnessing active participation on GitHub.
- Along with automated browser testing, the NUnit framework can also be used for unit testing and acceptance testing using the Selenium framework.
- Support for parallel test execution on a remote Selenium grid reduces the overall test execution time and accelerates the process of automated browser testing.
- Good reporting tools are available that can be used with the NUnit framework.