LambdaTest Community

Find answers, support, and inspiration from other users

Questions
LambdaTest Community
Answered

What do I do to make a collaboration better between my web developers and testers?

Can anyone please suggest me what do I do to make a collaboration better between my web developers and testers.

Up Vote Down Vote 0 Votes
Posted one month ago

Answers

Collaboration between the web developer and tester is the key for any project to be a success.

1. Begin Testing From an Early Stage: Traditionally, the role of a tester might not even begin before the developers are done with theirs. However, if you wish to deliver robust web-applications faster, you need to incorporate testing your SDLC as early as possible. Shift-left testing is a methodology that emphasizes on testing as early as the requirement gathering phase. That way, testers can think of possible scenarios where they may encounter bugs.

2. Keeping Up To Date With Each Other’s Activities

Having cabins within walking distance and communicating face to face conversations about your progress with each other can certainly help to remove the communication gaps. However, this type of conversation might not always be possible. In the case where development and testing team members are working from different locations, you have to come up with alternatives. Using collaboration tools can help you share updates and keep in line with the end goal.

3. Ensure Your Testing Team Participates In Code-Reviewing

In many organizations, code-reviewing is an activity where there is hardly or little participation from the testers. However, that shouldn’t be the case.!! Understanding the codebase and its working is not exclusively a developer’s task. Testers have to design tests probing the correct areas. Learning from each other makes this task easier. Moreover, testers can also easily spot errors. Thorough knowledge of each other’s equipment and tools will further benefit both testers as well as developers.

4. QAOps: A Key To Continuous Testing

QAOps is an emerging methodology for modern-day release cycles were the QA is expected to be synchronous with the DevOps team. The idea is to perform Continuous Integration + Continuous Delivery + Automation Testing altogether. So you might have a CI/CD pipeline, which is regularly committing changes to the code in one environment to another through Jenkins or your favourite CI/CD tool, meanwhile, you have your Selenium test automation scripts configured as jobs which are ready to be fired up as and when the code is committed.

5. Accelerate Test Cycles With The Selenium Test Automation

If you want to reduce the regression testing efforts and deliver products multiple folds faster, you need automation testing, period.!! Avail the benefits of selenium test automation wherever possible. Automation testing can help your testing team save time and effort over repetitive test cases, allowing them to find more critical test case scenarios with their added bandwidth.

6. Teach Automated Unit Testing To Your Fellow Developer

One excellent way to ensure better collaboration between testers and developers is to conduct knowledge transition sessions around automated unit testing. That way, your testers can help your developers perform unit testing faster by leveraging automation testing frameworks.

7. Know What The Developers Have Tested To Prioritize Your Test Scripts

The tester should have a fair idea about the testing efforts done by the developers. This would help testers identify which features have already been tested by the developer, either manually or by running a script. This would further help them distribute the bandwidth of their testing efforts by identifying which areas have already been covered and which needs more attention. Don’t get me wrong !! By no means, am I encouraging you to not test what has already been tested by the developers? Rather, I am asking you to prioritize your testing accordingly to what has been validated, and to what end!

Up Vote Down Vote 0 Votes
Posted one month ago