LambdaTest Community

Find answers, support, and inspiration from other users

Questions
LambdaTest Community
Answered

What are the booming technologies in the world of software development? What are the latest advancements in the world of quality assurance? What does the IT industry look like in the next 10 years?

I want to know about the booming technologies in the world of software development and also what are the latest advancements in the world of quality assurance and please also tell me what does the IT industry look like in the next 10 years.

Up Vote Down Vote 0 Votes
Posted 3 months ago

Answers

Here I’ve listed 10 latest Trends in Quality Assurance (QA) and Testing :-

1. QA and Testing budgets will continue to rise, primarily driven by transformation projects
  2. Reports suggest that more than 40% of IT budgets will be devoted towards quality assurance and software testing
  3. Testing budgets allocated for new software development initiatives is now slowly overtaking budgets that are usually allocated for software maintenance projects
  4. Testing Centers of Excellence (TCOE) continue to grow. From a mere 4% in 2011, operational TCOE models grew to 26% in 2015
  5. According to a report by Evoke Technologies on ‘Software Testing Trends and Predictions’, 27% of the organizations have already experimented with the concept of crowd-sourced testing
  6. 2015 has been a year of SMAC Technologies i.e. Social media, Mobile, Analytics and Cloud technologies. Organizations are allocating major portion of their Testing budgets to cloud, big data & analytics and mobile
  7. Agile Testing is growing in acceptance but is still yet to mature. As per the World Quality Report, 93% of organizations are using agile development methods compared to the 87% in 2013. However, many still face numerous challenges, the largest one being the lack of a suitable testing
  8. There is increased focus on non-functional testing with new transformational programs, especially for Mobile testing. The 3 key aspects of customer experience are security, performance and ease-of-use
  9. Higher Automation Levels, especially in mobile space, where every company has some level of Agile Testing, some following multiple releases a day. Traditional Scrum style ceases to suit these needs and Kanban methodology is used instead of extended sprint planning, retrospectives etc. Hence business is more demanding in terms of Automation as there is very little time to test
  10. Newer technologies like SOA, cloud and mobile testing are on the rise. By 2015, experts predict that while almost 36% of software will be hosted on cloud, businesses still lack the necessary infrastructure for cloud testing. These might cause businesses to opt for TaaS (Testing as a service) options.
Up Vote Down Vote 0 Votes
Posted 3 months ago