LambdaTest Community

Find answers, support, and inspiration from other users

Questions
LambdaTest Community
Answered

What is the future of a software testing career? How do I improve it?

I want to persue my career on software testing. Please someone tell me what future do you see in that and also suggest me on how do i improve it.

Up Vote Down Vote 0 Votes
Posted 3 months ago

Answers

As long as people are building software, the need for software testers would be there. In future software testing won’t remain a mindless bot job whose sole purpose would be to click on a button and document its results. Testers will evolve into specialized developers and product managers who will identify functional and visual issues via automated means, and validate functionality of the solutions through user perspective.

If you want to improve your career in testing, I would suggest mastering automation as well as develop deep insight on user interface and user experience design. In addition, the future is cloud. There are multiple companies like us (LambdaTest) who are working actively on bringing the whole testing ecosystem on cloud platform and effectively disrupting the testing space. Testers would also evolve with this trend and their job will become truly global. So its important to keep-up with trends. Explore new tools and techniques and continuously evolve with times.

Up Vote Down Vote 0 Votes
Posted 3 months ago