How to Determine the Best Test Automation Framework
After reading about the above frameworks, you might be confused or curious to understand which automation testing framework is the best fit for your organization. Well, before finalizing any test automation framework, consider the following questions:
- What is your application, and what technology is used to build it?
- How was the web app built, and what’s its user experience?
- Understand the testing requirements of your web app.
- Does the application have a complex or a simple workflow?
- The cost of the test automation framework, and if there is a trial version available before purchasing the licensed version.
- Evaluate the skills required to use the test automation framework. What skills your testing team already have? Is your testing team capable of setting up the desired automation framework?
To better evaluate every test automation framework, create a scoreboard, and provide marks to each framework based on their functionality, scalability, advantages, and disadvantages. This way, it will be easier for you to make a decision for the best test automation framework.