There have been newer and better tools developed since.
Take a look at the TestCafe testing framework. It runs functional tests in any modern browser and any device. No WebDriver required.
TestCafe is a pure node.js solution.
- It can be easily installed (npm install -g testcafe is enough).
- Works without plugins for browsers and additional configuration.
- Write tests in ES6 and ES7 JS syntax.
- Has smart waiting system, so runs async tests fast without extra waiting.
- Can be easily integrated to your CI system.
- Support for running tests on remote machines, devices, and cloud.
- Free and open source.