LambdaTest Community

Find answers, support, and inspiration from other users

Questions
LambdaTest Community
Answered

What are the best unit testing frameworks for brand new Java projects?

What are the best unit testing frameworks for brand new Java projects? How about for creating mock objects? Why in both cases?

Up Vote Down Vote 0 Votes
Posted 5 months ago

Answers

There are many best testing frameworks for brand new Java projects like:-JTest. ...The Grinder. ...TestNG. ...JUnit. ...JWalk. ...Mockito. ...Powermock.But if you are looking for the best you can go with JUn*it. JUnit is mostly used by developers to implement unit testing in Java, and accelerate programming*** speed and increase the quality of code. JUnit Framework can be easily integrated with either of the following ?EclipseAntMaveFor Mock Creating Objects:-Most mocking frameworks (JMock, EasyMock, etc) are based on thejava.lang.Proxy object. They create a proxy object based on the interface you provide to be injected into the object to be tested. The developer tells the proxy what to expect and what to return when the expectation is met. There are two issues with this:It requires an interface. Don't get me wrong, programming to interfaces is a good thing, but not everything requires an interface. EasyMock does have an extension that handles classes without an interface, but it can be a pain to have two different EasyMock o**bjects included in your test class to do basically the same thing.Dependency injection of some kind is required. Don't get me wrong, I love Spring and use it on my current project. But what if you don't want to have Spring manage everything. You cannot mock an object that is created in your method. The only way to use mock objects is if you control the instantiation of an object elsewhere (in a factory typically).

Up Vote Down Vote 0 Votes
Posted 5 months ago