Issue with queue using TestCafe

Hi all,

I am having issues when there are tests in the queue. To summarized:

• I ran two parallel tests with these browsers: [“lambdatest:Safari@14.0:MacOS Big sur”,“lambdatest:Chrome@90.0:MacOS Big sur”] and they passed without any issues.

• I ran three parallel tests with these browsers: [“lambdatest:Safari@14.0:MacOS Big sur”,“lambdatest:Chrome@90.0:MacOS Big sur”,“lambdatest:Chrome@89.0:MacOS Big sur”] and I expected to run the first two and queue the third one. However, the first two timeout after 6 minutes marking them as complete (but they never succeeded) and the third one was marked as cancelled.

Can someone help why is this happening ?

2 Likes

Hi Darran,

So this is happening because TestCafe does not support the queuing mechanism. You can only run the same number of parallel tests that are currently available on your plan. If you run more than the available concurrent sessions all of the extra test sessions would go into queue then all the tests may timeout after 6 minutes(i.e. Default timeout for remote browsers set with TestCafe).

When working with testcafe, it is recommended that you only run that number of parallel tests which are available on your account.

Hope this helps!

Happy Testing!

3 Likes